If you or a loved one is experiencing any kind of emotional crisis, mental health or substance use concern, you can find help 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by calling the New Mexico Crisis and Access Line or Peer to Peer Warmline.
Crisis And Access Line
Call to talk to a
Toll Free 24/7/365
Know the signs.
If you or a loved one are exhibiting any of the following behaviors, it is important to get help as quickly as you can. It may be the sign of an acute crisis.
- Threatening to, or talking about wanting to, hurt or kill oneself
- Seeking access to firearms, available pills, or other means to kill oneself
- Talking or writing about death, dying, or suicide, when these actions are out of the ordinary for the person
- Talking about feeling hopeless, helpless, or worthless
- Displaying rage, uncontrolled anger, or seeking revenge
- Acting reckless or engaging in risky activities, seemingly without thinking
- Saying he or she feels trapped like there’s no way out
- Increasing alcohol or drug use, substance use, gambling, or other addiction
- Withdrawing from friends, family, and society
- Demonstrating anxiety, agitation, and insomnia (or sleeping all the time)
Here to Hear You
Public service announcement featuring Kevin Hines